During 1950-1951 first National general Lok sabha election took place. So there were only two major parties at that time. Indian National Congress and the communist party of India were the top parties. Hence Jawaharlal Nehru was the leader of the Indian National Congress. As well as A.K. Gopalan was the leader of the Communist Party of India. As a result, there is a total of 360 million people. But whereas 170 million people have secured their vote. On the whole, INC won. Following with 364 seats out of 489 seats.
As a result, Jawaharlal Nehru became the first democratically elected prime minister.
Conduction of polls:
Generally, in India elections are conducted in three stages or levels.
1. Local body: This level includes panchayat in addition to municipality election.
2. State-level: Vidhan sabha election comes under this level.
3. National level election: Entire nation will come under this level.
One nation one election:
Prime minister of India Shri Narendra Modi announced in all India party meet. He stated that a single voter list must be compulsory. Because of which time is saved. Or else a waste of time is reduced. Altogether he announced to have a single list for local, state, national voter lists. Indeed election commission is responsible for conducting elections. Even it was set up in the year 1950. Similarly, local body elections are conducted by the State election commission. Equally, State level and National level elections are conducted by the Election commission of India.
In summary, the election commission conducts the local body elections. Along with this, it also prepares a voter list. Similarly, the Election commission of India prepares a list for State level and National level votes. So, the State commission makes the voters list of the local bodies. And election commission of India makes a separate voter list. Modi announced to make a single voters list for both local bodies, central polls. A single voter list must be provided for all eligible candidates.
Single voters list
As a rule, the State election commission can borrow the voters from the election commission of India. But in preparing the electoral roll both the commission should not have co-ordination. Few states like Assam, Jammu, and Kashmir, Odisha, and many don’t a separate list. To clarify, other states rather than mentioned can use the list of the election commission.
Why a single voter list?
In 2014, the BJP manifesto has promised a government that they will provide a single voter list. Subsequently, the advantage of a single list is it can have less effort and less expense. Amendment for the article.
So to modify a single voter list, an article in the constitution has to change. Article 243K and article 243ZA has to modify. Also to have permission and request from the vote commission of India by State commission of India. Article 83 deals with the duration of houses of parliament. So article 85, Article 172, Article 174, Article 356 on president’s rule.
1. For government treasury: It is very advantageous to the government in the favour of votes. So the burden will be reduced to the government.
2. Speed Development: New project programs don’t take much. Because of no other issues.
3. Black money check: A huge amount of black money is transferred as white during polls. So as per records and receipts, this may not gonna happen if one nation’s election is approved.
4. Machinery works smooth:
Disadvantages of one nation one election
1. Issues with local level: Polls in state and nation are observed to be difficult.
2. Regional parties: So it is a difficult job for regional parties’ polls.
3. Poll results: Results may be delayed. Because almost they are conducting with the ballet paper.
THANK YOU FOR READING THIS BLOG. I HOPE YOU FOUND IT INFORMATIVE. SO PLEASE SHARE IT TO FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND RELATIVES. BUT PLEAASE KEEP SUPPORTING ME FOR FURTHER BLOGS