Our health is important in our life. people face several types of diseases. few diseases are unknown and few are known. Because these people are losing their lives. Some due to a lack of awareness. And some due to a lack of money. Nowadays we see many people are affected by diseases. which are very much dangerous. I lost my grandfather due to cancer. In this blog, I am trying to explain in detail about Cancer. Its symptoms, causes, types, risk factors, and prevention.
Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of the cells that grow anywhere in the body. because these cells are abnormal. And also so-called malignant cells or tumor cells. it may not only affect humans but also other living organisms. Cells may become cancerous due to the accumulation of defects in their DNA. These Cells form a neoplasm. So a neoplasm or tumor is a group of cells that are unregulated growth. This will often form a mass or lump but may be distributed diffusely.
Symptoms and signs of Cancer:
We may not able to see the symptoms at the early stages. And After the lump starts growing we can see tumors. symptoms depend upon the type and place of the lump. Patients may become anxious or depressed. The risk of suicide in people is double.
The American Cancer Society describes seven warning symptoms that may be present. And Because of which should prompt a person to seek medical attention?
- irregular changes in bowel and bladder habits
- A sore throat that infects and itch at the throat.
- Unusual bleeding at few places.
- Thickening or lump in the location.
- Indigestion (usually chronic) and difficulty for digestion.
- Obvious change in the size, color, shape, or thickness of a wart or mole
- Dry cough or hoarseness in the voice.
- weight loss or appetite.
- Few pains in body and bones.
- Skin changes, such as yellowing, redness of the skin, changes to existing moles
- unexplained muscle or joint pain and fever or night sweats.
Types Of Cancer:
So Around 200 different varieties of cancer were found. Because in which lump is formed in different locations. Doctors and researchers divided cancer into types based on where it begins.
- Carcinoma: it starts in the skin or the tissues under the skin. it also covers the internal organs and glands. they form lumps under the skin. “skin, lung, colon, pancreatic, ovarian cancers,” epithelial, squamous and basal cell carcinomas, melanomas, papillae, and adenomas. this affects more than millions of people every year.
- Sarcoma: Cancer that starts in bone, cartilage, fat, muscle, blood vessels. it may also begin with other connective or supportive tissue-like “bone, soft tissue cancers,”
- Leukemia: it is a broad term for cancers of the blood cells. The type of leukemia depends on the type of blood cell that becomes cancer and whether it grows quickly or slowly. Cancer that starts in blood-forming tissue such as the bone marrow. And also causes large numbers of abnormal blood cells to be produced and enter the blood.
- Melanoma: it can develop anywhere on the body. it also includes the head and neck, the skin under the fingernails, the genitals, and even the soles of the feet or palms of the hands. Melanoma may not be colored like a mole. It may have no color or be slightly red, which is called amelanotic melanoma.
The above mentioned are the most common types of cancer. there are even more types.
Causes Of Cancer:
Most of cancer approximately 90-95% is from lifestyle and environmental factors. The remaining 5% is from heredity. Heredity means passing from parents to offsprings. Environmental factors include obesity, tobacco, radiation, and pollution.
- Chemicals: Exposure to particular substances that contain toxic. These substances are called carcinogens. Tobacco smoke causes 95% of lung cancer. Tobacco is responsible for about one in five cancer deaths worldwide
- DIET AND EXERCISE: Lack of exercise and diet results in obesity. excess body weight(obesity) is associated with the development of many types of cancer. So Because of Physical inactivity, it is a risk. So almost 40% is due to obesity.
- Radiation: Exposure to radiation like UV rays and radium may cause cancer. Radioactive materials are the main risk of cancer. long exposure to UV direct from sun my lead to melanoma.
- HEREDITY: total cancer analysis shows that almost 5% of cases are from heredity. if a father is affected than children may(4-5%) get. appx 0.3% of the population are carriers of a genetic mutation that has a large effect on cancer risk and these cause less than 3–10% of cancer.
We might hear that “PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE.”. we should prevent the disease. active measures should be taken to reduce the risk.
1) Healthy Diet
Taking a healthy diet, doing regular exercise is the active measures. Obesity and alcohol consumption increases the risk. Fruits, vegetables, nuts, dry fruits should be a regular habit.
Medications can be used to prevent cancer. In general, NSAIDs reduce the risk of colorectal cancer; however, due to cardiovascular and gastrointestinal side effects, they cause overall harm when used for prevention. Vitamin supplementation does not appear to be effective in preventing cancer.
Vaccines have been developed that prevent infection by some carcinogenic viruses. The vaccine decreases the risk of developing cervical cancer. The hepatitis B vaccine prevents infection with the hepatitis B virus and thus decreases the risk.
SO THANK YOU FOR SCROLLING DOWN WITH THE PATIENCE!! I HOPE YOU FOLLOWED THIS BLOG. PLEASE SHARE WITH FRIENDS, FAMILY, RELATIVES AND OTHERS. KEEP SUPPORTING ME FOR FURTHER BLOGS!!